Bill was born and raised in the City of North Bay. His wife Gisele (Gravelle) was born and raised in Corbeil. They have been married for 50 years. They have recently relocated to North Bay as their house outgrew them. They have downsized and moved to the ONR building on Oak St East. Bill and Gisele have 4 children, Lisa, Louise, Billy and Tanya. Gisele worked in the family business, Gravelle's Meat Market, for almost her entire life. Bill told Gisele that 5 years after they were married that he would run for politics in some capacity. In 1976, 5 years after they were married, Bill ran for council in East Ferris where he topped the polls and became the first Deputy Mayor for East Ferris. He went on to succeed Paul Rochefort as Mayor and continued as Mayor and Deputy Mayor in East Ferris for the last 40 years. Realizing that East Ferris could not exist alone, Bill sought provincial seats on the Association for Municipalities of Ontario Executive and the Rural Caucus. He has been successfully elected to the board since the late 90's.
Bill worked in banking and finance prior to joining the Nipissing District Catholic School Board. He taught music to over 17,000 kids in the Nipissing District over 30 years. You may also have known Bill with his band Bill Vrebosch and the Descendants of Tyme. They produced records called Cara Mia and Duke the Toque (North Bay Winter Carnival Theme Song). Bill's grandfather and father, worked for the TNO and ONR since the 1900s. They lived in the East End of North Bay where Bill grew up. Bill has a University Degree in Social Sciences and Population Geography.
Before living in Corbeil, Bill and Gisele lived in North Bay in West Ferris. Bill understands what it means to work hard. He worked his full time job as a teacher, took courses towards his degrees and then worked 6 nights a week with his band in order to make a living to support his wife and children.
1. Over 40 years of Royal Canadian Legion Membership
2. Listed as a Veteran with over 7 years of service with the Two Field Engineers Military Reserves
3. One of the founding members of the Nipissing Country Music Association and Singing Contest
4. Member of the North Bay Country Music Association Hall of Fame and the North Bay Hall of Recognition
5. Played old timer fastball for many years
6. Called the first meeting of the East Ferris Golden Age Club and because of his work in East Ferris has had Bill Vrebosch Children's park named after him Bill was born and raised in the City of North Bay.